There are many benefits of a spray-on bedliner, such as preventing scratches to the bed of your pickup truck, preventing items from sliding around, and protecting your pickup bed from rust. There are two main kinds of truck bedliners to choose from: spray-in bedliners or drop-in bedliners. So which one is for you?
Trademasters Vehicle Solutions in Chilliwack offers LINE-X spray-in bedliners that are the best in the industry. Known for their incredible durability and strength, you won’t be disappointed when you partner with us to protect the bed of your pickup truck. Below, we’ll go over the difference between a spray-on bedliner, such as LINE-X, and a drop-in bedliner. Call our off-road store to get started today!
What’s a Spray-On Bedliner?
The name says it all here. A spray-on bedliner is a bedliner that is sprayed onto the bed of your pickup and forms a permanent bond. This is a special textured coating that is best installed by someone trained to do so.
What’s a Drop-In Bedliner?
A drop-in bedliner is a bedliner that “drops in” to the bed of your pickup truck and can be removed if need be. They are made from hard plastic or rubber and can be installed as a DIY project.
Pros of a Spray-On Bedliner
- Long-lasting. Spray-on bedliners will last many years with the proper care, maybe even the life of your pickup truck.
- Decreases cargo movement. The texture of a top-notch spray-on bedliner prevents cargo from moving around the bed of your pickup, which can damage it.
- No gaps. A spray-on bedliner adheres to your pickup’s bed, so there are no gaps for moisture to seep into.
- Spray-on Bedliner materials can be used elsewhere, such as on fenders, tailgates, or bumpers for added protection.
- Many people like the look of a spray-in bedliner, such as those offered by LINE-X and installed by Trademasters Vehicle Solutions in Chilliwack.
- Can actually decrease the noise from the highway since there are fewer gaps for the wind to go through when you are driving down the road.
Cons of a Spray-On Bedliner
- More expensive than a drop-in bedliner.
- Permanent. Once a spray-on bedliner is applied, it is not easily removed.
Pros of a Drop-in Bedliner
- Can be removed. This is great if you want to swap out colors, or you decide you don’t like it.
- More affordable than spray-on bedliners.
- Items you load glide in easily.
- Easy to install.
Cons of a Drop-in Bedliner
- Not as aesthetically-pleasing. Many think a drop-in bedliner looks cheaper than a spray-on bedliner. However, this is all in the eye of the beholder.
- Can get grime underneath it. A drop-in bedliner is great for keeping cargo from scratching the bed of your pickup truck. However, it creates a gap that allows the elements to get in underneath it, from water and hail to dirt and grime. This could form rust, and you wouldn’t know it unless you moved the bedliner.
- The wind and vibration create noise when you’re traveling down the highway.
WHICH TYPE OF BEDLINER SHOULD YOU CHOOSE?
For truck bedliners, Trademasters Vehicle Solutions in Chilliwack notes it’s really a matter of personal preference and budget. If you want a solid, dependable truck bedliner that will stand up to anything you throw at it, choose a spray-on bedliner, such as LINE-X. These are also worry-free since you won’t have to think about if anything is underneath your bedliner or not.
If you are looking for something to just get the job done with as little investment as possible and that can be removed, then a drop-in bedliner is for you.
CHOOSE TRADEMASTERS VEHICLE SOLUTIONS IN CHILLIWACK TODAY
Trademasters Vehicle Solutions has been helping the people of Chilliwack for more than 30 years with their towing, trailers, truck bedliners, and truck accessory needs. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff can install truck accessories and trailer accessories, as well as offer trailer service maintenance. We offer quotes for the off-road work you want done for your vehicle. We follow up with you after the service to see how everything went, and we are committed to your complete satisfaction.
From LINE-X bedliners to van upfits, we’ve got your needs covered. We offer almost any aftermarket truck accessory that you may need, including off-road truck accessories, such as a winch, lift kit, sway bar, spare tire mount, and an air compressor. Our truck gear includes Tonneau covers, coolers, tie-down kits, step bars, toolboxes, and a jump starter kit. We offer trailer service and maintenance in order to keep you on the road. We also specialize in fulfilling your towing and hauling needs, whether you have a fifth-wheel camper or an RV. From suspension upgrades to braking systems, we have all of your recreational towing needs covered. Contact our truck accessory shop for all your needs today!